PacStar 451 Small Server Module provides a high performance virtualized appliance for hosting multiple software applications in a compact, quick setup, rugged form factor. Designed for in-theater communications, executive communications, vehicle-mount, entry or forward operating base deployments for military, Homeland Security, first responders, and commercial/enterprise users. PacStar 451 meets size, weight, and power requirements unmatched by other COTS appliances. PacStar 451 is available with a wide variety of pre-loaded, pre-secured, and pre-qualified software applications appropriate for use in the tactical communication applications. These include, but are not limited to:
- WAN acceleration
- Unified communications
- Video transcoding
- Network routing/switching
- VPN gateway
- Traffic filtering firewall
PacStar 451 is available in a variety of configurations with Intel 4th or 5th generation Core i5/i7 and Xeon processing platforms in both dual-core and quad-core variants. Flexible I/O options let you select the right configuration for your needs. The physical package utilizes the PacStar 400-Series standard module footprint and offers the best in small size, flexible power, and environmental ruggedness.
PacStar 451 with Riverbed Virtual Steelhead
PacStar 451 with Riverbed Virtual Steelhead provides industry-leading WAN optimization deployed and proven throughout the US Department of Defense and Enterprise customers. Riverbed Virtual SteelHead delivers built-in security and accelerated performance across the entire network – as if the applications were performing locally.
PacStar 451 with Riverbed Virtual Steelhead providing the following services:
- WAN optimization for improved application performance and more efficient utilization of WAN bandwidth
- IT control with quality of service (QoS), path selection and secure transport features
- Increased visibility with end-user monitoring for all optimized traffic on premises and optimized web and SaaS applications
- Dynamic selection of the best application path based on network availability
- Reduced latency with integrated video-ready web caching
As implemented in PacStar 451, Riverbed Virtual Steelhead provides acceleration to complement tactical solutions such as the PacStar 400-series other existing tactical solutions. Additionally, when deployed on VMware ESXi, the appliance may be managed by untrained administrators using PacStar IQ-Core® Software.
PacStar 451 with Aruba Virtual Mobility Controller
PacStar 451 with Aruba VMC is a small form factor, ruggedized network controller providing the following services:
- Secure network transport with IPSec gateway services
- Network boundary production with integrated firewall, threat management and content filtering
- Aruba wireless access point and wireless intuition prevention system management
- Policy-based routing
PacStar 451 with Aruba VMC can provide one layer of encryption for “Commercial Solutions for Classified” (CSfC) for VPN-based wired and wireless transport of classified information over WAN, LAN and WLAN links. Configured correctly, the unit enables classified communication over untrusted SATCOM, WiFi, Hotel and Cellular infrastructures. PacStar 451 is certified by Aruba Networks as a supported platform for the VMC. It is currently undergoing Common Criteria certification as a combined appliance and is listed on the NSA CSfC components list as both “IPSec VPN Gateway” and “Traffic Filtering Firewall.”
PacStar 451 with Hypori ACE Server
PacStar 451 with Hypori ACE Server is a small form factor, ruggedized Virtual Mobile Infrastructure (VMI) platform that enables wireless access to apps running on PacStar 451. The Hypori solution includes ACE Client, a single app that runs on iOS, Android and Windows-based mobile devices and supports secure access to the server. The resulting solution is a “thin client” based VMI , analogous to VDI, delivering a user experience optimized for smartphones and tablets.
The combination of PacStar 451 and Hypori ACE Server dramatically improves capabilities for tactical and mobile organizations including:
- Access to hundreds of thousands of COTS mobile apps
- Ability to deploy standard commercial smart phones and tablets for secure and even classified communications
- Eliminating data-at-rest security issues, through a thin client architecture where all data and apps stay on the PacStar 451
- Ability to use cellular, WiFi, and other commercial or trusted networks using dual, NSA CSfC compliant encryption.
PacStar 451 with Hypori ACE Server can provide one layer of encryption for “Commercial Solutions for Classified” (CSfC) solutions using a TLS-based architecture. When combined with additional NSA-required equipment, also available from PacStar, it provides one layer of encryption for “Commercial Solutions for Classified” (CSfC) solutions using a TLS-based architecture and enables wireless transport of classified information over LAN, WLAN and WAN links. The Hypori ACE Server is listed on the NSA CSfC approved components list and PacStar 451 is certified by Hypori as a supported platform.
PacStar systems, including this product, may be covered by one or more of the following US patents: #8,654,749, #7,817,589, #8,270,325, #9,160,619 #9,225,102. Additional patent(s) pending. See www.pacstar.com/patents for details.