PacStar Smart Chassis
A core part of many PacStar 400-Series packaging and transport solutions is PacStar Smart Chassis. PacStar Smart Chassis provides a mechanical and electrical standalone capability to house up to four or five PacStar 400-Series modules, and may be utilized as stand-alone entities or as components in a larger system.
PacStar Smart Chassis may be mounted into a variety of transit/mobility systems including PacStar Mini-Transit Cases, PacStar Rack Mount Frame, and custom Pelican case solutions. With quick-release features, Smart Chassis may be quickly removed for dismounted operation.
These products may be covered by one or more of the following US patents: #8,654,749, #7,817,589, #8,270,325, #9,160,619 #9,225,102. Additional patent(s) pending. See www.pacstar.com/patents for details.
Supports (4) or (5) PacStar 400-Series modules
- 4-slot Smart Chassis (7.5” x 6.8” x 12”)
- 5-slot Smart Chassis (9.3” x 6.8” x 12”)
Every PacStar 400-Series module fits into any slot
Provides users the ability to easily remove or change modules – just mix and match as your mission requires
Provides power to installed modules
Includes an integrated power system (available with 180 or 250 watt power supply)
- World-wide AC input, 47 – 63 Hz, 85 V – 264 V
- Wide range DC input, 10 – 36 V DC
Includes an integrated UPS with two battery options
- DoD standard 2590 Li-Ion rechargeable battery, 200 watt-hours rated
- NiMH BB-390B/U rechargeable battery, 117 watt-hours rated
- Automatically switches to battery if prime power is interrupted
- User accessible battery compartment
- LED indicators for battery status
Includes a clean power 12 V DC output port (50 watts) for ancillary equipment
Includes an integrated cooling system
Person-portable for standalone operation
Operational temperature range -20C to 60C (Note: Li-Ion battery capacity degrades at 0C or below)