PacStar is pleased to announce the release of an exciting upgrade to our intuitive communications management software platform, IQ-Core Software. Available now and already undergoing wide-scale deployment, the new release adds extensive and powerful network device and system configuration management capabilities, reducing the time required to set up systems, streamlining and automating error-prone tasks, and expanding the types of network devices that can be managed. IQ-Core Software’s new and expanded capabilities were developed in close collaboration with a number of PacStar customers, ensuring the capabilities address key needs for expanded device coverage and automation of otherwise laborious tasks – enabling the software to further assist in the fielding of very large numbers of complex systems.
Key new additions to IQ-Core Software include:
- Ability to apply device configurations through a serial connection, allowing IQ-Core Software to load initial device configurations before a device is connected to an IP network.
- Incorporation of custom device configuration templates that when applied to devices, automatically prompt administrators to fill out device specific parameters (such as IP addresses).
- Management and monitoring of “generic” network devices through Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). IQ-Core Software now allows administrators to monitor any SNMP value, including specifying alerting threshold. The software includes an integrated MIB browser to make SNMP monitoring a snap.
- Ability to save and restore IQ-Core Software configurations, enabling the management system settings to be easily deployed through large numbers of systems.
In addition to the new configuration management and device support capabilities above, PacStar has also integrated management capabilities for several popular networking devices. The device integrations enable extended management features including device configuration/backup/restore/compare, port configuration, real-time monitoring and graphing of key performance indicators, as well as other device-specific features. The new devices supported by IQ-Software include:
- Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switches
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.x and 11.x
- Palo Alto Networks VM-Series Virtualized Next-Generation Firewall
IQ-Core Software manages the PacStar 400, 1000, 2000 and 4000-Series products and is deployed broadly throughout the U.S. Department of Defense as well as in civilian and public safety organizations. The software is also available for integration into customer-specified systems, customized OEM and enterprise class solutions.
To learn more about IQ-Core Software and all of its enhancements visit www.pacstar.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And don’t forget you can stay up-to-date with PacStar and industry news by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter.