PacStar® and Oceaneering Focus on Networking at the Edge at OilComm 2016
PacStar’s Steve Bowen and Oceaneering International, Inc.’s Mark Stevens will discuss key Common Operating Picture (COP) technologies, including rugged networking solutions
PORTLAND, Ore., Sept. 26, 2016 – PacStar, a leading developer and supplier of advanced communications solutions for commercial, industrial and defense markets, will be participating in a presentation at OilComm 2016 titled “Common Operating Picture (COP) Video/Data Integration for Field Operating Assets” and highlighting how PacStar’s ruggedized technologies enhance networking at the edge.
During the talk, Steve Bowen, senior commercial business develop manager at PacStar, will detail how PacStar’s advanced secure, rugged networking solutions bring next generation networking capabilities to remote and harsh locations. In addition, PacStar will be showcasing its technology in booth #527 at OilComm, which runs from October 11-13 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX.
The presentation will be co-led by Mark Stevens, director of Global Data Solutions at Oceaneering. The talk will explore critical elements in a COP including communications, video and telemetry, software solutions and asset tracking/GIS. Stevens will highlight how Oceaneering’s information technology solutions ensure customers accomplish their missions from the oilfield to the boardroom, subsea to satellite, and upstream to downstream. Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications.
Details for the presentation are:
- Title: Common Operating Picture (COP) Video/Data Integration for Field Operating Assets
- Presenters: Mark Stevens, Oceaneering and Steve Bowen, PacStar
- Date: October 12, 2016
- Location: Theater 2 in the main exhibit hall of the George R. Brown Convention Center
PacStar’s proprietary products, technical expertise, integration, test and certification experience in deployed and fixed networking systems based on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment support a broad range of oil and gas and other industrial networking requirements. Industrial solutions include:
- PacStar IQ-Core® Software – Management/maintenance and configuration software designed to simplify the deployment of best-of-breed equipment and technologies from multiple vendors in harsh/deployed environments
- PacStar 400-Series Solutions – Modular, small form factor, DoD-rugged deployable networking solutions for mobile
- PacStar 2701 Rugged Router – Ruggedized Cisco router for wayside signaling and Positive Train Control applications
- PacStar Advanced Technology Solutions – Datacenter rackmount solutions for fixed installation based on COTS networking equipment
Pacific Star Communications, Inc. (PacStar) is a leading technology-based systems integrator that delivers advanced, reliable and interoperable tactical and enterprise communications systems to the military, federal, state and local government agencies, as well as emergency responders. The company’s patented IQ-Core Software and hardware technology and integration/installation services provide secure, command, control and communications systems – particularly in remote or infrastructure starved areas. In addition, PacStar’s unified and tactical network communications systems are ideally suited for commercial sector organizations with mission-critical, complex communications requirements. For additional information, please visit www.pacstar.com.
PacStar Media Contact:
+1 (503) 863-2002